At Sacra Script, the desire of our heart is to produce materials that are biblically and theologically sound. However, we recognize that the value of our resources is also dependent on their availability to reach and serve the church in every nation, culture, and language. For this reason, it is our goal to use technology in such a way that guarantees for our resources to be accessible in as many formats and languages as possible in an efficient and timely manner.
Our vision for technology includes “big”, “geeky” words and concepts such as Single Source Publishing, XML, Structured Documents, Interactive Documents, eBooks, Online Education, eLearning, etc. The names are not important. Yet, we do want you to know that it is our goal and our commitment to purposefully leverage the use of the many technological tools that are available to us in order to create a variety of resources that have the following common characteristics:
- Suitable and adaptable to educate people of every genre, age, and learning style.
- Effective in a diversity of social contexts and cultures.
- Easily distributable and accessible by printed and electronic means.
- Efficiently designed for fast and consistent translation and localization.
- Suitable for modular study and research.
- Designed to be reused and repackaged for different contexts, purposes, and needs.